Donated towards $2000.00 Goal
December 21, 2017
We need to raise funds necessary to purchase services and supplies to provide a Parent Support Network in lower Fairfield County which will be offered to as many as 150 parents in 2018.
Supplies and services this project would raise funds for include:
- 3 hours of facilitator training
- our group handbook for all parents
- a conversation tool kit to run a group in the philosophy of the “Head, Heart, and Hand” model of transformative learning.
Peer to peer support is essential to families caring for their children’s mental health concerns.
Facilitators will be trained on how to handle intense, unwanted and real emotions within a group setting. They will learn how to guide people through hurt and into acceptance. Facilitators will be supported in marketing and implementation of a peer support group through partnership with The Youth Mental Health Project.
Our Parent Support Network is developed to support parents in a revolutionary way. For more information on our programs please visit us here.
The three tenets of this model are:
- Self-awareness, which is necessary for transformation, can only be achieved through critical self-reflection
- Belonging; because humans have a fundamental need to belong, the building of relationships
- Tools; moving away from old beliefs that gave power to fear, blame, shame and silence
Cost to provide a Youth Mental Health Parents Support Group: $2,000
Thank you for your donation. 100% of the donation you make to The Impact Vine will go directly to the 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization listed on this page, directed toward the project detailed above. You will receive an emailed tax receipt to support your tax-deductible contribution. Thank you again!