Donated towards $222.00 Goal
January 17, 2018
Every year our Kids Helping Kids elementary school volunteers run the KHK Valentine’s Day Love Bags project to give to 100 local elementary school age children whose families visit New Covenant House’s Food Pantry before Valentine’s Day.
It’s kids baking and making Valentine Love Bag gifts for other kids to show kindness! The young Pantry guests will enjoy a nutritious treat and a few festive items they can use at school.
Each Love Bag usually contains:
- 2 nutritious and delicious cookies
- A handmade Valentine card with a message of kindness
- Valentine-themed items for school
But we need the materials to make and bake the cookies, decorate and write the Valentines, and buy the other items to put in the Love Bags all by January 25!
We are crowdfunding to purchase Valentine’s Day Love Bag items such as:
- Honey oatmeal cookie ingredients to make 200 cookies (oats, butter, whole wheat flour, honey, brown sugar, baking powder, eggs, vanilla, raisins) = $57
- Card stock for 100 Valentines ($15)
- Glitter, glue, markers, crayons, stickers to decorate the notecards and bags ($30)
- 2 pencils, 1 eraser, 1 bookmark per bag (.25 each bought in bulk = $100)
- 100 cellophane bags (.20 each * 100 = $20)
Cost to purchase all items needed to make Valentine’s Day Love Bags: $222
Thank you for your donation. 100% of the donation you make to The Impact Vine will go directly to the 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization listed on this page, directed toward the project detailed above. You will receive an emailed tax receipt to support your tax-deductible contribution. Thank you again!