Donated towards $2129.98 Goal
June 23, 2017
Interactive whiteboards provide access to the internet and all media, and allow instructors to bring exciting learning opportunities to students. These digital devices, now standard in most classrooms in Fairfield County, allow instructors and students to collaborate on learning ventures.
With an interactive whiteboard…
• Laurel House workshop participants will experience videos such as TED Talks, music, theater, art, even books, to stimulate their creative juices, expose them to new ideas, and help them to express themselves more effectively through writing and art.
• Thinking Well (cognitive remediation) instructors will combine state-of-the art delivery of our therapeutic program that addresses long-term cognitive impairment with interactive group sessions, to solidify the skills worked on 1:1.
• An interactive white board will introduce participants with limited computer skills to the digital communication needed in today’s world, for further education, employment, and engaging in their local communities as well as the broader world.
To see Laurel House programs in action, watch our new video, “A World of Resources.”
• $1,629.99 Interactive Whiteboard
• $499.99 Mobile Whiteboard Stand
Total goal: $2,129.98 towards an Interactive Whiteboard and accessories for use in Laurel House’s programs, providing resources to recover in Fairfield County.